Thursday, April 3, 2008

Right from the Garden

Okay, not really...I only wish I grew asparagus and peas and basil in my backyard. I can't wait until I own my own place so I can go nuts with an organic garden. Until then, I'm working with a few pots and the chilly not-quite-spring weather here in Birmingham. So my green stuff comes from Publix. Either way, this dish I saw in the April issue of Gourmet looked fabulous, so I made it...and it really was superb. (The whole issue, dedicated to Italy, is the most gorgeous I've seen Gourmet look in a while. Definitely pick it up--you'll swoon over the photos and food.) The caption under the recipe says "what grows together, goes together" and that just couldn't be more right. Springy, fresh, light, but so flavorful, this is something I'll be making again and again this spring!


ASPARAGUS, PEAS, AND BASIL (PISELLI CON ASPARAGI E BASILICO)

No comments: