Wednesday, June 11, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Just a few things that are inspiring me right now…

I found Hint water more than a year ago as I was working on my master’s thesis (healthy eating for kids, and whatnot). It’s flavored but not sweetened. I mean, how has no one thought of this before? I have yet to find it at any store near me, but every time I go into Whole Foods, I leave a little comment in their suggestions box and ask them to consider carrying it. The mango-grapefruit sounds the best. Keep an eye out for it and let me know if you try it.

Heidi from 101Cookbooks.com posted this sushi bowl and now I can’t stop thinking about it.


In November I’m heading to New Orleans for the wonderful Miss Peyton’s Bachelorette extravaganza. It may be nearly 5 months away, but I think about what we’ll eat on a daily basis. One of our stops must include a meal at Cochon. Pure pig heaven.




This is not directly food related, but I have been so enchanted by my dear friend Maggie’s sweet angel of a daughter, Annie. She’s got her first tooth, which means she is well on her way to eating yummy things. And she already loves avocados—a girl after my own heart.

Matt Armendariz is a phenomenal food photographer (and stylist, I think). I am completely obsessed with his web site and his blog. It’s total eye candy. (See below.)

No comments: