Sunday, November 9, 2008

For real this time

So...moving took a LOT more out of us than we thought it would. I guess it wasn't the smartest plan to try to move over the course of a workweek, instead of over a weekend. Hm. Anyway, we ate out...every night. Agh! It pains me to admit it, but I didn't unpack the kitchen until yesterday, so we did a little tour of some inexpensive B'ham spots. Pizza at Chez Lulu (always delish), Chili and BBQ at Demitri's (darn good), pho and spring rolls from Que Hong (just so-so), and tacos at Cantina (our fave). I went out for drinks after work on Thursday (we scored a free appetizer...sweet!) and I made fried rice for myself on Friday. Saturday's I've-been-unpacking-all-day-in-a-freezing-house-and-all-I-want-is-something-hot-and-fast dinner was at a place that will remain unnamed. It wasn't even a little bit good.

OK, so, this week will be my actual first week in the new kitchen. Needless to say, I am ready to get cooking again! Here's what I'm making...

Sunday - Chili & grilled cheese
Monday - Pork tenderloin Chicken thighs with creamy mustard-thyme pan sauce, Heston Blumenthal's broccoli
Tuesday - Tuscan White Bean Soup, garlicky spinach
Wednesday - Ina's Indonesian Ginger Chicken, quinoa
Thursday - Solo dinner again...probably leftovers.

No comments: