Sunday, August 16, 2009

'Mater Love

I found out this weekend I was chosen to participate in Foodbuzz's 24, 24, 24 dinner for the month of August. Here's an explanation of the event from Foodbuzz.com, which is linked to last month's event:

"Showcasing posts from 24 Foodbuzz Featured Publisher bloggers, the monthly Foodbuzz 24 highlights unique meals occurring around the globe during a 24-hour period."

I submitted a menu last week and got picked. Woo! My idea was to have a farewell to tomatoes menu, since (at least in Alabama) summer 'mater season comes to an end in late August. I get $250 from Visa Signature to help me buy the ingredients, too. Fabulous.

Here's the menu...I plan on getting as much as I can from farms and other local sources. I'll keep you updated as I prepare for the meal, which will be a week from this coming Saturday (August 29).
  • Tomato gin or vodka fizz
  • Tomato, cucumber & goat feta napoleons with basil oil
  • Chilled creamy tomato-dill soup
  • Locally raised trout in tomato aqua pazza, topped with fresh tomato relish
  • Candied cherry tomatoes on squares of dark walnut bread spread with honey-sweetened ricotta
  • Matched wines
More to come...

3 comments:

The Marden Family said...

YUM- I am dying to see more!!

The Marden Family said...

p.s. I'm having an Amuse Bouche theme menu next week and cooking all recipes from your blog :)

Katie Farmand said...

Oh, yay! How exciting!! :) Thanks, Jenn!